Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yay, Garrosh is Dead

Finally, finally- managed to kill Garrosh. I’m so happy. I was a little discouraged after last week, when I joined a PUG and someone said they didn’t know why I was using spinning crane kick and I should just heal. We were trying stacking in part 1 with that group. Apparently, they didn’t “have time to teach me to play my class” and the group disbanded. It really upset me. In part because I fistweave almost all the time, and don’t often solely mistweave, so sometimes I feel like I don’t really know how to mistweave. Which isn’t true, because there are a few times that’s what I do.  Anyway, bugged me so much I had to go look up other logs and see if other mistweavers were using SCK in that fight. And yes, they were, which made me feel a bit better. I would say most of the issues there were the weapons not going down quickly, leading me to think someones weren’t switching to them at all.

Anyway- yay, Garrosh kill. The other guild I raid with plans to organize Garosh kills on weekends, if he can, to get as many people there the kill. The group was all ranged, and one of the tanks was a monk who’s motto might as well be “kite it all” so he was perfect for kiting adds. I’m happy that I was able to come along, and 3 other guildies as well. 2 planned, one we snagged after the priest got upset no one was handling interrupting MC’s and left. I had more interrupts than he did one fight, and I had to glyph and swap to bear form to use it, so I say he was a bit of a whiner. But his leaving was to our benefit, as it gave our awesome warlock a spot. I’m so happy we got the kill, and the achievements, and the mount. So happy. And now that I’ve done that, I’ll be less prickly about doing heroics. Oh, that’s something I should do- look up heroic modes.

On the other raiding front, I ended up writing a really long letter about my feelings for flex and raiding. Ok, it was a paragraph on flex, and a novel on the raid. I sent it off before talking to my raid leader because every time I went over it I kept adding more and making it longer, and I figured by the time I actually caught him, it really would be a novel. I just wanted to see if we were still having some of the issues from earlier, because it looked like it to me. I haven’t had a chance to talk to her yet, but I did send it to my guild leader. I am hopeful that we can do something. I know what my preference is, but that is in part based on things I believe but don’t know. Assuming those things to be true, I know what I want. If they aren’t, I did provide alternatives.

Anyways, this week was the first I haven’t run one old thing. Well, unless you count running Stockades and Shadowfang Keep looking for a Buccaneer’s Vest for my priest. But no Ulduar for the first time in weeks, no Firelands, nothing. Very odd.


I almost forgot to mention- after the raid, I did a few arenas with a friend on his warrior, and boy did I get off to a bad start. I clearly need a new staff transmog, I use the same one for feral and PvP- which led to me trying an arena in feral gear. No wonder I couldn’t trinket the fear. Whoops. That was promptly followed by a very silly, stupid /away during the wait for the next arena to start. Who knew that would kick you from the arena? Not me. It just showed I was away, and I didn’t like that and wanted to fix it. Whoops. Learn something new every day. So after that we managed to win 1 and lose one or two before I left to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment