Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Liebster Award

Navi tagged me for a Liebster award. I’m going to copy and paste the description she provided, because it explains it all:
“Well, it is only an AWESOME award given to up and coming bloggers. Given by other up and coming bloggers. It’s a cool way to find other blogs and feel like you are getting into the blogging stratosphere. It is simple, you get nominated by someone else, mention their page and a link to their blog in your Liebster Award Post, answer the 11 questions they give you, then tag 11 other nominees and give them a new set of 11 questions to answer.”


So here are the questions, and my attempts to answer:

1. If you worked for Blizzard in the WoW department, what job would you like?

In a perfect world, I’d have artistic talent and be developing artwork and scenery. In real life, I am not very good. I could see 1 of 2 things- possibly a voice actor, for anything robotic. For some reason, no matter where I am or what headset I use, at some point during raid RoboRenala makes an appearance. I’ve been told it sounds robotic, or like you’re talking through a fan, if you ever did that as a kid. Several people have said it’s not a raid until RoboRenala makes an appearance. Now if only they’d quit revealing my plan to take over the world…
But I said 2 things. The other is customer service rep. I hate dealing with people, but I love fixing problems. Like when I accidentally deleted my newly created epic staff from inscription. I’d like to help fix issues other people have.

2. If any of these races became playable, which would you choose and why- Murloc, Naga, Ogre. 

That’s a tough one. Murloc is out, because the MURGLEMURGLEMUR would drive me nuts. I like the ogre dance, and I did create a male panda solely for the dance. But I have discovered that I can hardly play him, and the dance is not enough. I’ve been considering off and on race changing him, but my cheapskate self raises her head every time. So naga it is- c’mon, a mermaid? I loved the Little Mermaid and Hans Christen Anderson (inchworm, inchworm…)

3. What has been your greatest frustration in WoW?

I have pretty decent luck (knock on wood) when I truly set out to farm things. That stupid Spineclaw Crab was a real pain in the a**, but truthfully I’d have to say most of my frustrations come from dealing with other people. I have come to realize I can’t make everyone care as much as I do, and I can’t just throw a fit to get my way. It’s both not in my nature, and unlikely to work. So the most frustrating thing is learning to deal with people in a raid setting who I feel don’t care and aren’t contributing much.

4.If you could design a Children’s week orphan, what places would you take him/her to visit?

My first thought was murloc, probably because of the previous question. I’ve probably made a fair few murloc orphans in my playing. Giving it a bit more thought, I’m not so sure. Possibly a panda, left orphaned by the resurgence of the Sha and the swarming of the mantid? I like Pandaria. Most of it is pretty, and I think it would be neat to show an orphan around. We’d have to visit the wandering turtle, of course, and I don’t think there’s a way to go back to that. And I’d like to show them the Temple of the Jade Serpent, perhaps after we kill the last boss in there? And what’s a tour of Pandaria without seeing Chen Stormstout and Lorewalker Cho. Possibly the Heartlands in Valley of the Four Winds, and some of the monuments to the brewmasters found in Pandaria. And since I love monks, the Temple of the White Tiger. Heck, let’s tour all 4 celestials and meet them all.

5. Name an item of clothing/weapon that you wish there was an in-game equivalent of for transmog

I’d say lightsaber, but BBB did a post about how to get a lightsaber in WoW, so there kinda is one. This is a tough one- I came to the transmog game very late, since I was usually in cat or tree form on my druid and didn’t really care how she looked. I remember back in Wrath being shocked at my shoulders on the log in screen for a few weeks, cause they were big and glowy and I never saw them in game. Hmm… this is completely silly, but I wish there were more costumes. Like a banana costume. I knew someone at VA Tech who would occasionally dress up as a banana, and go to games or just run around campus. 

6. Do you prefer donuts, bagels, or muffins? And any particular flavor.

Boston cream donuts. Chocolate frosting, pudding inside. Yum.

7. If you could have any car in the world, what car would you drive?

Off the top of my head, a Shelby Cobra. John Doe in the show drove one, and I liked it. In reality- I loved my Mazda Tribute, and was super sad to hear it died while I was at school. I like cars that can seat 4 adults comfortably or have all of my dogs fit in easily. Though I loved driving my Dad’s mustang convertible… Ok, let’s have 2 cars: my “everyday” car and my “good weather/traveling by myself” car the first being something the size of my Tribute, and the second can be my Shelby Cobra. Though the word Maserati is fun to say…

8. What item do you want in game the most?

My focus changes depending on what pet I don’t have. There’s very little I really, truly want and farm every week. There are a few mounts- Invincible, Mimiron’s Head, some of the PvP mounts I am working on. For pets, I want Kovok and Viscous Horror. And in the world I have money, the vanilla collectors edition pets. Ooh, and that purple tiger pet- it’s so cute! Purple is my favorite color.

9. Why I like my favorite three blogs

Well, first, what are my favorite three? Probably The Daily Frostwolf, Big Bear Butt, and Healiocentric
I like Navi’s stories, and Bear’s humor meshes with mine. Healiocentric gives me all the healing perspectives that I could ever want, makes me feel better about healing, and occasionally makes me crave desserts.

10. What is the BEST thing Blingtron has given you?

Probably that 200G rose. He gives me gems, which are nice, but never the oranges I really use up. No pet- I gave in and got that off the AH.

11. Tell me about your most cringe-worthy moment

This is a tough one- I have a short memory. And anything that I am embarrassed about, I do realize when I look back I am the only one who remembers. I’ll try to give you 2- one of my “wow, huh, ok stupid” moments in WoW and I’ll think about a real life one.
I did a Naxx-10 PuG in Wrath, and had a great time. A bunch of overgeared guys, and 2 healers. Which I didn’t notice til we were through at least the first wing, possibly further. I just thought the 3rd healer sucked. I’d never 2-healed before, never occurred to me that you could. After the shaman said something about our healing, I realized the third person on the list- in bright, DK red- was a tank. Huh, learn something new everyday, right?

Real life one- This is harder. I am not embarrassed by anything for longer than a day. Maybe the time I got into a huge argument with some friends over how many centimeters were in a meter and how that translated to yards so we knew how much PCV pipe to buy? I was really wrong on that one. Talking very emphatically in Home Depot, the graphing calculator came out, whole big thing. Nothing else I am really embarrassed by. Oh, I wish I’d done some things differently- huge fight with my grandmother days after my grandfather’s funeral followed by angry e-mail where I called her a manipulative b*tch? Could’ve handled better. Justified reason? In my mind, absolutely. I did apologize for the insult. But that’s a whole story by itself.

Ok, 11 random facts about me:

1. I love salt and vinegar chips, but I prefer to dip plain chips into vinegar instead of buying salt and vinegar flavor.
2. I read fanfiction. Started with Sailor Moon at age 11, and moved on. Currently it’s mostly Harry Potter stuff.
3. I never finished the last Harry Potter book. I read enough fanfiction to have a really warped idea of what happened.
4. I’m really shy in real life. I talk a lot here, and in game, but in real life? Nope.
5. I worry that I am starting to become a bit neurotic, maybe? Driving over bridges bugs me more than it used to, and if someone is 10 minutes late to meet me places I create horrible scenarios in my head. It seems to happen to the women on my Mom’s side- have a great aunt who can’t even be driven in a car on the interstate without having a panic attack.
6. I read sappy stories. Sometimes young adult books, sometimes romance. And I will sometimes get embarrassed for the characters and have to stop and come back to it in a few minutes.
7. I’m  horribly nosy person. It doesn’t show so much (I hope) because my mom usually keeps up with everything going on with everyone and tells me, or my friends are very open people and tell me a lot. I try really hard not to bug people, but I am really curious and often willing to chat.
8. I get cold easily. At school, I often have a hoodie or a blanket, and at home I’ll often be under a blanket or two.
9. I dislike wearing socks and shoes. 99% of the time I am in flip flops. Good thing I go to school on a tropical island. Though socks would probably help the cold problem.
10. For someone who claims to be nosy, I am having trouble coming up with questions for others :)
11. I worry that I won’t be the veterinarian I would want for my own dogs.

Questions!
1. Do you have a favorite thing to do in game and if yes, what?
2. What’s your favorite battle pet and why?
3. Do you have a favorite class in WoW?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. Real life animals. Have a favorite?
6. What’s your ideal vacation?
7. What’s your favorite book/author? 
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
9. What’s the oldest WoW screenshot you have?
10. Do you have any WoW superstitions/traditions? For example, I always try to have a battlepet out in raids (til my GM politely reminds us to put em away)
11. Do you enjoy leveling in WoW? I have a fair number of alts, but thats because I am a cheapskate and don’t want to pay for enchants, rather than because I really wanted to level another toon.

I can’t come up with 11 other blogs that haven’t already been tagged. I am also too lazy to go through and check if these guys have been tagged by someone else, so here we go:


I debated about this, but decided to add my battletag here. In the interest of finding more people to do things with, so potentially I don’t have to beg the same 2 people for help all the time. Though I do have a 3rd who offered to help with this current legendary questline. And I figure, I gave my (kinda unique) name out to someone because I wanted to do an Ulduar achievement run, so what’s giving out an anonymous btag going to do? Elay#1208
Fair warning- I love to run stuff. So I have committed myself to 4 days of normal SoO between 2 groups, an afternoon of flex (Note- Sat 3pm EST, lately we’ve been looking kinda slim lately and I’m happy to take more people along) and usually a night of challenge modes in there if we can fit it in. And I try to do arenas to cap conquest every week. I have a geared resto druid and I am happy to PvP as well :)


And I’m serious about the flexes! This weekend I will be going out Saturday for pizza and games, but otherwise every Saturday at 3PM EST, goes til 6. Usually start with part 1, and afterwards depending on how I feel the group is we do 2 or 3. One memorable week, both. Alliance side. We’re friendly folks, just ignore my attempts to kill my friend on the Sha trash. And I do heal him, regardless of what he says- I can’t control eminence healing or where Wild Growth goes, after all :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in and answering my questions! Well, hey, now maybe I can FIND you since I have your btag now :D And I am honoured to be in the top 3 along with Heliocentric and BBB! /fans self furiously
    That's so like you to want to help people working in customer service. Kinda suits the personality that shines from your blog.

    ReplyDelete