Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Consistent Plan

Still wiping on Garrosh, but I think we made some important progress- we picked a strategy to stick to. We’ve been swapping it up every week, sometimes multiple times in one night. Last night alone we tried 3 tanking, 2 tanking, had 4 different people as tanks, 2 of the 3 healers swapped toons a few times, and we switched strategies for movement. We’ve picked one, named the two tanks and settled. We’re sticking with 3 healers, but it’s 2 Disc priests and a fistweaving monk, so together we’re a mediocre DPS. I am excited about this change. I think we’ll see progress this way.

I do get where our raid leader was coming from- he thinks he can’t trust the DPS to handle the whirling corruption adds, and was trying to devise a 3-tank strategy to avoid having the DPS deal with them. I told him I’d try anything once, but I think most raids 2 tank, 2 heal and learn to deal with stuff. And I think we can learn to deal with things. Ok, might take us some time and practice, but we’ll get it. The important thing is to let us work on it, not confuse us with “Ok, we’re doing <this> now, not <that>.”

I think we’re starting fresh with the Wed/Fri group tomorrow, but I’m not sure. I’d like to just extend and try a night on Garrosh with some different people. On the other hand, working on Garrosh 4 nights a week does not appeal to me. Especially when there are still pets to get, and I know a few people in that raid need loot from earlier bosses. I’ll be happy with whatever we decide, they’re a fun group.


Did not get any arenas in, but the Call to Arms BG is Silvershard Mines, which I kinda like. I ran that for the conquest. I’m going to be making an effort to cap that each week now. I’m hoping I can try some arenas later today, but we’ll see. I slept fairly well last night, and I am going to try not to nap today and see if I can get a pattern going. Which would leave me more afternoon WoW time, after studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment