Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another CM Down

Flex on Saturday went well. We ended up with 14-15 people. Cleared wings 1 and 2. I am doubtful we’ll ever get more than that in our 3 hours, with how long we take to finish part 2. I’d like to do part 4 for the pets and heirlooms, but with the average gear of the people who show up, that is unlikely. And I am really tempted to tank up for these so I can set the pace better, but then we’re out a healer- and since this week I was the only main-spec healer, I have a feeling I’m more useful there than learning to tank. Oh well, I can keep encouraging things to move quickly. 

In the meantime, we have someone who wants to heal- and usually I’m all about encouraging people to heal, but I am a bit hesitant here. Oh well, I’ll help them gear up and see how it goes.

On Sunday we stepped back in to challenge modes. Took us a while, but we knocked out Scholo. That helpful trick with Jandice- if you tank her in the little alcove before her, when she makes her copies you just kill one and she’ll reappear in that alcove. No searching for the right one. Makes that quicker.

The plan is to try some more on Monday, if everyone is available. Hopefully we’ll knock out 1 more, 2 if we’re lucky. I need to practice my DPS more- I am missing a few things, I am sure. Not optimal, but I am working on it. 

I am hopeful that this week will go well and be productive. Finals really start next week. We have 1 on Thursday, and then 4 next week. Yesterday I studied until I fell asleep, woke up and repeated the pattern. I liked it, hopefully I can keep it up this week. Both raids are on Garrosh, so hopefully our one will kill it and the other will kill it too, or at least make good progress. I am also waiting to get that talk with my guild leader. I think it’s very important and we should at least set a time on Wednesday to talk about it, if we don’t talk then. It’s something that’s long overdue. I want it straightened out soon. I am not sure my guild master sees the same urgency as the rest of us, but she’s only gotten a week of this rather than hearing my grumbles for 3 months. I take a lot of responsibility for not discussing things sooner. And now that we’ve got the ball rolling, I want it resolved.

I haven’t told my guild master that what we discuss and the path we take forward will determine if I continue raiding because I don’t want her to feel like I am pressuring her, doing a “my way or the highway” sort of thing. But it will, and I’d like to know sooner rather than later.

Vet school quotes/info for the day:

“You can make up a name that’s probably close to the real one.” on reading ECG’s

“No woman would do this. Some guy, I don’t know his name because I hate him.”
“Why did that guy do that? He hates us, and he does. He hates all medical students. A girl would’ve called that purple. We never would have put a negative number on something positive.” 

“I don’t believe in any of that because I know it can only be one thing: extra terrestrials.” (On domesticating camelids)


And, apparently there are wild camels in Australia. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment