Friday, December 7, 2012

Test Anxiety

It's not something I've ever suffered from before, and I wouldn't classify what I am feeling as quite anxiety. Nervous, certainly. Clinical Orientation in an hour, then next week my three hardest classes worth the most credits. I keep checking my e-mail every half hour hoping NC State has sent me something.
I feel like there is not enough time to do all I want to. I have to make sure I know a semester worth of physio and anatomy, and all the slides for histo.
But after today, I will have 3 tests and a week between me and home. Hopefully on Monday I will be super excited about NC state and not really depressed about it.  Worse comes to worse, I'm still a vet student, just on a tropical island. I keep saying that, but sometimes it doesn't sink in.
What we're learning now I will need to know forever. I'm not used to that, most classes to date have been requirements for vet school, or fun things to destress. There were some things I learned in class that applied to my job in the lab, but I felt I learned those more in the lab than in class, so it has been a bit of a struggle holding on to the idea that this is important forever, not just for the test.
A few classmates are complaining because out physio class is cumulative, while every other major class except anatomy is only from the midterm on. I was pleasantly surprised when all of our exams weren't cumulative, like I had expected at the beginning of the year.

I've been trying to take on the Darkmoon Faire trainer, with no success. Only 2 level 25 pets, and only one is helpful in that battle.

Good luck with exams to anyone suferring from them, happy weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment