Thursday, September 5, 2013

Late to Alt Appreciation Week


I haven't participated in alt week at all, so I have a backlog to get through. I realize I'm a bit behind, so here goes: 
Deathknights, I have a few of those running around somewhere....
Only 2 of the 3 made it out of the starting zone. We'll go little to big:
This is Whirlectra. This is the first time I have logged on to her in years, solely to snag the screencshot. She was made because I liked the name, and I wanted a little gnomish pile o'death. Sadly, I never got around to leveling her.

This is Rosalice made solely for the purpose of getting the worgen racial pet while spending the least amount of time playing a worgen. Go through that starting zone? No, thank you. And here she is, standing next to the man who sold her my Gilnean raven.


And this is Mavelin. She was made when I transferred my main to my brother's server, to try to get another max level character fairly quickly. I also wanted an enchanter to DE stuff for me, and make my enchants. I like to be self-sufficient. I made it to 75, and hated every minute of it. She languished there for more than a year, manning the bank of a defunct guild for me.
Recently, we made it to 80 (cheer!) leveling with my BF's lock. We still don't click as well as the monk and I do, so leveling is slow. (Of course, putting plate instead of mail heirlooms on may have helped...At least they were agi, and not int, right? right? anybody?)
Anyway, she has made it all the way from Dalaran to the Dwarven District, where she now mans the extra storage and auctions for me there.



So those are my DK's. We still don't click well. I play better than I used to, but I have little idea what or why I am doing. Thank goodness I have a lock with me, the two of us together can take on anything! (Within a few levels of us)

Next, Druids! Ah, my druids. Probably my most numerous class. I'll start with Elaylda, my first max level character. Begun because I joined a forming guild, and had no idea what to play. This was only my second character ever. Someone suggested druid, for heals if we needed them, since the other 2 healers were a priest and pally and the goal was to eventually raid. So Elay and I leveled feral to 80, switched to tree, and never looked back (until we Cata when we had to level again, but by then we had dual spec)
I owe thanks to that guild's pally, who would swap specs before dual spec to tank so I could practice healing heroics.
We had some good times, clearing Naxx. Never got Yogg down in Uld, but the general there was my  favorite fight.
Possibly the best time I've had in a PuG was back in LK, a Naxx10 started by 2 guys who just wanted to do it for fun. Everyone was overgeared, and most loot wet to off-spec or vendor. Took me an entire wing to realize there were only 2 healers. I was new then, and didn't realize the red in third place on the heal meter meant DK, and was actually our tank... We picked up several achieves, including Safety Dance, which eluded me and our guild for quite some time due to my wonderful love of standing in fire/poison/ice whatever will kill me on the ground. to live through that. Elay has been my main until this recent switch to the monk. It was a hard choice, and at heart, I am still a tree.



The my other druids have little history. They were made on various servers, when I just wanted to level something new, and go horde or to a PvP server or to a higher population server. None made it very far, and all languish, forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment