Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Not Raiding

I'm officially on a break from heroic raiding. I'm getting too easily annoyed with people over things that don't matter, and I needed to cut something out of my schedule. So heroic raiding is gone! My Saturday normal raids I'm keeping. Those are fun to do, usually. Well, when we're not trying to kill Oregorger anyway. So for a change of pace, we're going to try some different bosses and see if we can start getting tier pieces.

It's raid time right now, and to keep from logging and pestering people about how it's going, I'm looking for distractions. Studying would be the logical one, or looking for apartments in Raleigh for next summer. I've done enough of both of those and now I'm stuck trying to decide if I want to live by a lake, or close to a classmate. The lake is mostly winning, except the other place has a washer/dryer in the unit. And I was sick this past weekend so I kept thinking "I don't want to have to go anywhere to do laundry." If only I wasn't in Grenada and could visit these places! Since those two options are not appealing to me, writing it is.

The Darkmoon Rabbit popped up the other day, and it looks like it hasn't been buffed yet. I think if I see it again there is a chance I could solo it. Which would be awesome, I now have 3 people on my list who need the pet. But it is awesome that I was able to get 10 guildies together and there in 5 minutes to kill it. I do love my guild sometimes.

Challenge modes didn't happen this week. One of the DPS wasn't feeling up to it, and I had a test to study for and didn't really want to find a replacement and still have to go back to the same place anyway for the guy who missed it, assuming we could get gold. My second challenge mode group hasn't even gotten off the ground. One of the people I'm trying to coordinate it with has a lot going on. And he's hardly ever on anymore when I am. He's a friend. I'm happy that things seem to be going well for him. At least, I think so. I feel like I can't ask questions of him anymore to find out. I'm a very quiet, usually private person and I tend to be that way with people until I know how much I can talk and ask and how much they want to hear. It feels like I can't really say much more than generic stuff anymore, since I hardly ever get a chance to talk to him anymore.

PvP is going along. We have a surplus of healers interested in battlegrounds, so I'm considering gearing up my mage. Since I have done nothing with her PvP wise, she has a 10k conquest cap. And the thought of getting there is daunting enough I've been barely puttering around Ashran on her while I make up my mind. I don't know if I have the time to learn to PvP properly on my mage. I really like to be prepared and know my class well, and my mage usually just makes the bags for everyone. I did do some CMs on her last expansion, and did pretty well I thought. But I remember how different it was to go from raid healing to arena healing- all of a sudden I was CCing and using talents I hadn't paid any attention to at all! I don't know if mage will be as big a change.

So that's this week's WoW in a nutshell: not raiding, on bunny watch, and trying to figure out what I want to do about PvP.

No comments:

Post a Comment