Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Relaxing

Still no Elegon kill. That's been at the top of my mind when we raid- what can I do to get us closer?
The obvious answer is stay alive. Admittedly most of my deaths are poor planning. I don't fall through the floor, but I prioritize tank health above mine, and that delay has cost me a few times.
I healed this last attempt. I am usually not in the top of the healing numbers with my monk, because I fistweave. Our other healers have been awesome, so I don't do a lot of targeted healing. I have been DPSing Elegon, since out of our original group of healers, I had the best DPS spec and gear. Our current priest has expressed doubts. I think he does a great job, but he sat out on Friday and we had a real DPS come in. Still didn't get it. Oh well, next week, right? Gotta stay optimistic. Or, as our tank pointed out, we can go wipe in HoF for a while and then come back to Elegon. Let attenuation kill us for a while.

I have taken over the Tuesday night raid group next week. Not tonight, I went out for my birthday this week. Tried a new restaurant, off the bus route. That was an adventure, driving in Grenada in the dark. There are no street signs. We had to ask for directions 3 times. I am glad I was not driving. We did find the place, and it was great, best service we have had in Grenada by far. Good pizza (and a buy one get one free night too) and drinks were pretty good. I'm looking forward to a return trip, providing our driver feels up to it again.

But raid leading. I know, only one week, on a group that has only killed the first boss one time. They only run once a week, and have only gone in 3 times. Unfortunately, I have found I tend to leave things out of my fight tactics if I think they are obvious. Good thing this group knows the fight, and if we somehow get past the first boss, I should be able to hash out the second one just fine. I'm more worried about filling spots if people don't sign up. Thank goodness we have 2 awesome tanks who can and want to be there, I can heal and I can wing filling in the rest (I hope). Now it's just the preparation. Our guild leader usually provides feasts and flask for the group. I have a ton of feasts left over from leveling cooking, and my alchemist is up to the task for flask making. Just gotta get my herbalist in gear for the gathering for potions.

It won't take that long, but it comes out to a lot of time with everything I am doing. Get my priest to 90 by the end of the month for the competition, cap valor on my main for the Black Prince, and try on my second healer if at all possible, and study for tests. Luckily, I have Physio on Friday, Anatomy on Monday, and a lab practical next Friday. Should be doable, since after that we have no tests until midterms the Friday after the lab test. I rocked the immuno test. It has all made sense, which is great. Now the nerves, vessels, and muscles of the equine hindlimb just need to come together, preferably in the corect manner that will match the drawings on out test. I bought Pasquini's Equine Atlas over break, since I was told the lab manual for this term is awful. It is, and I cracked Pasquini's book today. Very helpful, I will try to do some coloring before next lab to make it stand out and learn a bit more. There can be a lot of coloring in vet school. And drawing.

So, now I just have to learn some neurophysiology and remember how to localize the lesion, which I do find fun. Well, these examples. If I really had a daschund with a ruptured disc, I would probably not think it fun. Hypothetical localize the lesions are fun.

Oh, and the title. I read an article about aesthetics, and the color green being stress relieving and motivating, but now I forget where I was going with that. So here are some yak attack pictures. Note: bosses can be pulled with yak attack. Don't let your mage for get it.





No comments:

Post a Comment