Friday, October 17, 2014

New Patch!

I haven’t been terribly impressed with the new content. This is the first time I’ve played through a major change, and having my addons working one day and broken the next is annoying. Altaholic, I’m looking at you. A little annoying, having to go look up if I had an item for transmog instead of just mousing over it. That whole 5 seconds I use doing that!

Old content being really easy to solo is nice. I spent a lot of time looking up how to get past the healy dragon in ICC with my mage before I realized you can just walk past her. Going to try the LK heroic, here’s hoping the pony drops! Since soloing is so easy, I made a list of all the mounts and all the places I need to go. Not too overwhelming, as long as I don’t try to take all 9 90’s through all 12 things every week, and all 6 daily ones. I might have to focus on either running 1 toon through them all, or all of them through 1. 

I’m thinking the EoE for everyone, since the most annoying part about that is getting there. Kara too, since that’s just the first boss. I’ll work in my plans for the rest, I have a feeling it will change based on how bored I feel. Things die so quickly now. It might be fun to do a guild “mount run” night and just steamroll all the raids. I still prefer doing things with friends to soloing, but things die so quickly there’s hardly any need for more than 1 person.

I have my pet from thee quests, I’ll work on the Bronze Drake later. Right now, my plan is to do heroic/old normal Garrosh tomorrow for a quick kill with the guild. I did put a gear limit on that run, so I planned a normal/old flex run for Friday, with clean up on Sunday so those without the ilevel will hopefully have a shot at Garrosh (and I can practice monk healing in a low-stress situation). 

I managed a kill on my shaman and mage, so I have the int staff and my other toons can go for agility weapons. I always level DPS and swap to heals at max level. Just what I’ve always done, but it means I want my monk and druid to have an agility heirloom. Here’s hoping tonight’s run gets decently far, ideally past Spoils for a quick clean up on Sunday, and that tomorrow’s run has a quick kill.


I’m a little nervous about healing on my monk. From what little I’ve seen, monks tend to be on the bottom of meters. I used to fistweave a lot, so I am not sure how the stance dancing will work out for me. I’ll let you know what I think. I hope monks are still ok in WoD- I have to remember our toons are tuned to be approximately equal at level 100, and right now what I’m seeing means nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment