Thursday, May 9, 2013

Writing Yourself

I am applying for transfer, and somehow the professors I ask for letters of recommendation always ask me to write my own. Thankfully I have been provided guidelines this time, the last attempt was so awful I can't even look at it now.

I have been putting it off, but I bit the bullet and did it today. I hope it came out ok, it's really hard to write about myself in an effusive and complimentary way. I am who I am, and I don't really know how to say that and make me sound unique and desirable as a candidate. I'm very straight forward. I work, I read, I play WoW. It's a good thing I looked myself up on HokieStalker, it reminded me of some things I have been involved in that are pretty neat and sound like I am an active, outgoing person. It's also occasionally shocking when you learn things from googling yourself. Like your dad's age... I swear I know how old my parents are, I just forgot. Let's ope this letter sounds good, and next fall I get to see the seasons change in North Carolina. If not, I get eternal summer down in Grenada, so I can't complain.

On the WoW front, I finished my Children's Week stuff for the meta. That's my PvP for the month. Except I want that awesome bow for my hunter, so 1 BG per weekend I try to do to eventually get there. THe hunter and I are also more than a month into the winterspring panther mount, just keep forgetting to do that daily. I think I have 7 whiskers now. Ah well, some day. Maybe after finals. And I'll do all the mount farming, and level all the alts, and etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. As a side note, I grew up on musicals. I loved "The King and I" and once I learned to whistle (at 18, I learned late) I love to whistle that song.

Still stuck at Ambershaper, but this time we reliably made it to phase 3, with tons of time left on the beserk timer. It's just interrupting explosions and not dieing after that that gets us. I have suggested, since we are stuck there so long, and this week only 2 out of 8 items went to main spec, 2 to off, and the rest melted, that we might want to split up our raids. One night work on amber shaper and extend the lockout, and another progress elsewhere. We'll see if/how that goes.

Alright, up way too late before a final. Let's wish me luck, on the tests and transfer, and good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment