Monday, June 22, 2020

Work Changes

A little bit of change at work this week, the new doctor started. I call her new, she just transferred from out of state. She's not a baby doctor or anything. Seems nice enough. Still getting used to the other new doctor who transferred a few weeks ago. We went from 2 full time 1 part time doctors, to 1 full time (me) and 4 part time. Part time at our location, they're all splitting time with other hospitals. It's a change, trying to get used to it. It doesn't help that we're still opening an hour later so I don't get time to get there a few minutes early, look at the schedule, get a game plan.  I'm hopeful we'll be back to our normal opening time soon, but there's no end in sight yet.

My current work/life struggle is being managed. We've been pretty busy- I've heard a lot of vet clinics have been slammed, and there have been some ERs turning people away. It's been crazy. Some of it has been normal things that people just never noticed and didn't realize were normal- like the male dog nipple ticks, saliva staining on paws not blood (though not normal, not an emergency) and smegma. It just makes it worrisome that the real emergencies won't get treatment in a timely manner. Though you can't help people who won't seek treatment because they don't want to pay the ER fee.

In WoW news, we killed Drest, yay! Not a fun fight to heal, everyone is so spread out. And my innervate-giver swapped from druid to hunter so I have to play a little more conservatively with my mana.

We had a bit of raid drama. Some people have been swapblasting other people to their deaths. I've been a victim of my boyfriend doing it since Blackrock Foundry, and it annoys the shit out of me, so I get it. Other people started, someone got pissed off and left. In return, someone got upset at him for leaving and swapped the crap out of him the next night. And I just want people to be adults and move on. We should not need to have a discussion about not being a dick to people in raid. We are all adults. But I suppose it fits in with my work-mandate professional development plan- this year I am working on communication skills. 

I failed at communication there. I knew there was a problem and took no action to stop it. I made a few passive comments about it, but didn't really do anything. I probably should have. Maybe I should read that fierce conversations book that was recommended to me.

I've been in another negative downward spiral- little things are really getting to me. I'm not really trying the healthier thing so much right now. Stress hits and I go open a bag of potato chips or ice cream. That's probably contributing. And being so busy at work I have to constantly be moving, planning, doing something in the most efficient manner possible to keep on track has been wearing me down. I like being busy- I hate being overwhelmed. It has made me snappy and overly sensitive to things I would normally shrug off. 

Here's to trying to be better next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment