Thursday, September 3, 2015

Obligatory Post About Flying!

Woo, we can fly! And new rares with new toys! And now that's out of the way, on to other things!

The next topic that's got people a-buzz: timewalkers, and their rewards! New pets! New mounts! Going to take a decently long amount of time! Luckily, my monk is now pretty permanently a tank, so I can at least get quick queues if I end up doing these solo. And that's pretty much all I have to say about that- more stuff to do. I have so much on my list of things I'd like to do, and I rarely get to any of it.

I still want to finish the Tanaan rep on my monk (my druid is set), and run old raids for pets and mounts (I have hardly even started raiding with leashes 3!), and eventually finish that archeology stuff (er, yeah, someday....), not to mention PvP gearing and achievements and all the achievements to do!

I think I may be able to set up an achievement run on Monday, for HM and possibly BRF. That would be good. I'll look into it. In fact, I'll go set that up right now. ...And done. It's on the calendar.

This post may ramble a lot. Rehab has, sometimes, a lot of sporadic downtime. Potentially a ton of downtime today. That may mean I will go and come back to this post, and break my train of thought and ramble a bit.

Today is going to be about chores: cleaning the house (the real one, I have company coming), emptying bags (the WoW ones- I hang on to all sorts of junk), and getting little things started or finished. Like the timewalker runs I need to do, and possibly getting a lockout for the normal raid tonight- haven't made up my mind yet.

On the one hand, all that trash is annoying, the first boss is so easy, and I don't think anyone needs anything. On the other hand, clearing trash gives me time to set up and people to get there. On the third hand, I start invites 15 minutes before the raid. If they get there any later than start time, they can miss a boss or walk to the instance. Well, fly now. And saving that time at the start may allow us to get further on Thursday, so we can get further on Saturday. However, some easy kills on Saturday may boost morale when we hit the inevitable wall on Tyrant. On the other hand (I'm an octopus today), I could just do what I said I was going to- and be strict, and cut people from the Sat run, so maybe we won't hit the wall there and can hit it on another boss instead.

Which leads me into: I am not used to that (telling people they can't come), and we don't have a good cut-off set up for when someone has to go. Is it too low DPS? ilevel? It's easy to cut people for not enchanting- I tell people EVERY WEEK on the calendar. And made it the MotD today so I don't feel bad kicking people. Anyway, that's a personal thing to work on- and figure out if I want to help people improve personally (or by sending them to good people of that class to talk to) of just direct them to helpful resources and tell them they need to improve to come on Sat. In theory, I completely understand the need, but I worry about hurt feelings. Anyways. I'll deal with it as needed, but:

That puts me back on square one: Trying to figure out logs for classes I only play one spec of, and don't fully understand. That may be my goal today.

And this is long and rambling enough that I may cut this off here and go do other things. Yup, other things. Possibly logs, possibly practice questions for the veterinary boards. See ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment