Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Summer's Done

It’s been a while since I have posted. I’ve been busy, putting the time to use. Not, perhaps, the best use, but doing things a least.

For the first time since, ohh, probably 2010 I am completely unpacked. Might be a year or two longer. No storage shed, no boxes at my mom’s (except a few dishes, but I am not counting those) nothing anywhere. And I have discovered missing books. And duplicate books. I mean, I like Good Omens, but I probably don’t need 3 copies. 

In WoW, I’m very busy right now. My guild is doing 25 mans two nights a week, open to anyone who shows up pretty much. The other night we had 34 people who wanted to raid, so I broke off into a 10 man. Took us a while to get that last spot, but we did 8 bosses in two and a half hours, with quite a few breaks trying to grab that 10th person. Not too bad, I think. I did admit, I think I snagged one of the good tanks, even if he hadn’t tanked normal before. I had fun.

On the challenge mode front, 2 more left with my monk, and I have started some on my mage. Knocked 1 out, and I actually looked like I knew what I was doing. There was talk of trying for some realm best times, maybe. I hope so, it sounds like a ton of fun. I told my fried horde-side about it, since he’s actually got 7 of the realm best times, and is working on the last two. He is looking forward to the competition. And I was present with an offer to do CM carries if I managed to get an ele shaman together horde side. I’m working on leveling one. My friend and a couple of XP boost potions carried me to 79 really quickly, but I have run out of potions. I’ve managed to make it to 88, but classes have started back up so my leveling time has dropped. One and a half levels, hopefully by the end of Tuesday I’ll be set. Then on to farming gear, but I can run LFRs and study at the same time easier than I can level and study.

In other news, I am happy to say I can heal CMs with my monk. I know that’s an odd thing to say 7/9, but we’ve really been struggling with this group. I was really worried it was me, because the tank was just dropping left and right. Having healed another tank, the difference was amazing. There were still time he was taking lots of damage and I had to spam some heals his way, but he was so much easier to heal.  Pulls that had wiped us in the other group were simple. Our issues came from low DPS and repeated interruptions. I think we’ll be fine next week when our usual group is all together and I can get back on my mage. Our healer forgot we had CMs scheduled and was at work, so I swapped to heals and snagged a completely unprepared toon from an experienced friend and we muddled through quite well. To be honest, I liked the chance to heal on my monk. I really was worried that our struggles in that group were my healing issues, but nope, it’s bigger than just me. Not saying I don’t contribute to it, but replacing me won’t fix everything.

And I will get to tank normals on my monk next week! Admittedly I mentioned it to my RL because I really liked tanking and I feel one of our tanks is having issues. Didn’t work out quite as I planned, it’s me and the tank I’ve been feeling iffy about. But yay! I loved the chance I had to tank, it was fun. Here’s hoping I don’t screw it up and wipe the raid on accident. And I suppose I shouldn’t try to wipe them on purpose, probably too easy as a tank to just face things the wrong way and kill people. 

And back to vet school quotes: “What do you think you’re going to learn in this class?” “How to get a girl pregnant.” “Well, female, sure how to impregnate a female of one of our domestic species.”

“They keep telling me do’t touch the students, well I can’t help it.”


1 comment:

  1. o.O weird vet school quotes :D
    Yay for your monk! I should try tanking a CM... not sure how bear druids go in them though.

    ReplyDelete